If you are experiencing signal issues this could be a few different things. Below are some quick notes before freaking out...
QUICK NOTES ABOUT BLUETOOTH SIGNALS
While the range of Bluetooth is 10 meters (33 feet), the optimal range FOR ANY BRAND OF BLUETOOTH STEREO DEVICE is 2 feet from the music device, especially outdoors when the connection cannot bounce off things. THIS RULE APPLIES TO ANY BRAND ACROSS THE BOARD. The ACTIVE X bluetooth antenna is located in the right side so make sure your device is above your elbow and on your right side for optimal connectivity to your headset while streaming music outdoors. This will help remedy any signal interruptions.
Water and sweat can interfere with Bluetooth signals as well. Make sure that there is no sweat in direct contact with the Bluetooth Adapter or the cellular/audio device. Make sure the adapter is not in direct contact with skin when exercising and that it is on the outside of any clothing (e.g. if using the iPod or armband, use it over the top of your clothing)
REVERB recommends armbands for your music device to keep the device within optimal range and separated from your skin during workouts. Positioning your hand on the wrong spot of the iPhone or other cellular phones may cause signal drop outs/reception issues. Sweat and moisture in this area, may also cause the signal to be blocked. The issue may be the phone, rather than the headphones.
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS
1) Where are you placing your music player or phone? Place your phone/ipod in an arm sleeve or a hand pouch for optimal signal performance. By placing your phone in a pouch on the waist band or behind your back your signal could be broken up by the water in your body.
2) When was the last time you powered down your phone/music player? Our phones/ipods are like our bodies, they need rest! Power cycle your device on a regular basis as well as kill any applications running in the background that might take up memory and effect the processing speed of your device.
3) Are you using a streaming service such as Pandora or Spotify? Or MP3? Streaming services like Pandora or Spotify rely on your cellular connection and can cause signal like interruptions due to buffering.
THINGS TO TRY
- Completely un-pair (on iphone "forgetting" the device) your headphones from you phone or music player and re-pair?
- Kill all other applications running in the background
- Turn OFF WIFI on your phone when using bluetooth
- If you have an iPhone go into Settings> General> Reset > Reset Network Settings
2) HOW TO PAIR YOUR ACTIVE X
1) From Your Home Screen, Select... Settings > Bluetooth
2) Now grab your headphones and hold down the Power Button for 5-7 seconds or until the LED indicator light is alternating rapidly between RED & BLUE. Now you should see "ACTIVE SERIES X" pop up on the screen of your iPhone. (if you have an Android device you may need to "scan for devices")
3) Now Select "ACTIVE SERIES X" and wait while it connects.
4) Once connected go ahead and open your Music Player (or Spotify/Pandora Etc..) and you should be good to go!
DOWNLOAD (original) Active Series Manual in .pdf